In this article we describe Hikvision Default Password and IP. Since a few years ago, Hikvision cameras, DVRs, and NVRs have not had a Hikvision password default. When you turn on your camera or recorder for the first time, Hikvision compels you to create a secure password.
This is the suggested safer practice and helps to fend off hacker attacks. Since they are of a newer generation, Hikvision default IP cameras and NVR/DVRs do not have a default password.
Hikvision devices have a default password for their admin account, admin and 12345.
Furthermore, many Hikvision OEM resellers (re-branded) have their password. The most frequent Hikvision default passwords and usernames are shown below. Test them on your IP default camera Hikvision, DVR, or NVR to check whether they function.
Hikvision default password and IP address
Log in using the following Hikvision default accounts (for NVR, DVR, and IP cameras):
- Username: admin | Password: 12345
- Username: admin | Password: 123456
- Username: admin | Password: admin
- Default IP Hikvision: 184.108.40.206
The following brands of equipment are frequently sold with Hikvision OEM and branded products: 3xLogic, Alibi (Supercircuits), Annke, Arcdyn, Ezviz, Hitachi, Interlogix (UTC), LaView, LTS, Nelly’s Security, SecurityTronix, Sentry CCTV, Toshiba, Trendnet, Videoteknika, Winic, Vantage Security, Technomate, and Vezco CCTV.
You must contact the dealer or reseller and request a default password Hikvision reset if you forget your Hikvision device’s password. Or you can reset on your own by using the instructions listed below.
Why Hikvision doesn’t use a default password
Because hackers can use this information to log into devices accessible via the Internet to the general public, Hikvision no longer employs a Hikvision password default.
Many users failed to alter the Hikvision Default Password during the initial setup, leaving the camera open to intrusion. After years of complaints about this issue, Hikvision started requiring the user to set a secure password.
How to change the Hikvision Default Password?
1- Using a web browser, change the Hikvision camera default password
The following steps will show you how to change your default password Hikvision in a web browser:
- Start by entering the IP address of your recorder or camera in the search or URL bars of a Web browser like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. You can still scan your network with the SADP utility if you don’t have the IP address.
- Type in your current login and password right away.
- Next, select Configuration from the Settings tab.
- Choose the username admin and tap the Security option under the Basic Configuration.
- Then click Modify.
- Additionally, remove the device’s previous password before entering the new one in the red box.
- Once more, entering the new password for verification, select OK. Then, the notification “The password was successfully changed” will show up. It’s essential to pick and remember a strong password because resetting everything repeatedly might be a hassle.
2- Using the NVR/DVR local interface, change the hikvision default password
The following are steps for changing the Hikvision Default Password through the local NVR/DVR interface:
- First, right-click on the OSD submenu dropdown list at the top and choose the Main menu options.
- Next, select System Configuration from the menu. This will display a list of related submenus. At the base of the left-side menu, select the User tab. After that, the setup pages will appear.
- The associated submenu is displayed when you click the Edit tab to the right of the Admin entry.
- Additionally, use the GUI keypad to enter your current password in the Old password box after clicking it. Take note that 12345 is the site’s default password.
- Set a tick in the Change Password box to allow you to enter a new password. Set it up and take note that it needs to be strong enough to thwart any hacking attempts and should have 1 to 16 digits.
- To confirm your password, input it again.
- Lastly, click the OK button at the bottom to save your changes.
3- Changing the password of Hikvision devices using the iVMS-4200
This method has the Hikvision-produced iVMS- 4200 monitoring software installed and correctly configured.
Using the iVMS-4200, follow these steps to Hikvision Default Password:
- To choose a device from the online list, go to the Control Panel, Device Management, and Encoding device.
- Enter your camera or recorder’s nickname, username, and password to add the device to the client program.
- Once the device has been added, select Remote Configuration.
- To update the admin account’s password, click Modify right now.
- Additionally, enter the new password and then delete the old one.
- To make sure, type it once more.
- Finally, click Save to finish the process.
Other Related Articles
- How To Load Satlite Using Gcash
- What Will Facebook Stock Be Worth In 10 Years
- What Does GTS Mean On Tiktok
- Crawl Space Waterproofing Cherokee County
- Moderator Vs Mediator
- What Does NFS Mean On Tiktok
After initial configuration or a quick reset, the devices often have a Hikvision Default Password. It is simple to change. Three methods are available for Hikvision: the web browser, the NVR/DVR local interface, and the iVMS-4200. You must set up new devices manually because they don’t come with default passwords.
Learn the default password for Hikvision and how to change it in the simplest way possible by reading this article. To make it easier for you, we have provided all three options. Look at it, then!
What is the default password for Hikvision users?
Hikvision user’s default password is admin 12345.
What is the default password for Hikvision DS 2cd2032?
12345 was originally the default password, followed by 123456789abc, and finally, the “device activation” procedure (use SADP v3.
What is the default password for Hikvision DS 7204?
Hikvision DS 7204 has the username “admin” and password “12345” pre-configured.